Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Como los muchachos

Finally, better pics of the CdG collection for H&M have surfaced.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I don't know how I feel about this collab... the fact that 99% of it will fly out of the store the first day only to be resold on ebay for a 30x markup makes me cry, as well all the guys who will be wearing the polka dot polo with a popped collar.
I like some of the women's pieces, especially the first skirt, the side-zip jacket and the polka dot layered blouse.
I guess most people don't know is that two blouses and a skirt's worth of Cdg H&M is probably what you can get an authentic CdG piece for on ebay, but it's better for me if they don't *evil cackle*

I think I might be sitting this one out. I am trying to be disciplined in the art of shopping, saving my money to get a few great, quality pieces every now and then instead of tons of high-street junk (I'm guessing that H&M CdG is not going to have stellar construction or materials).

It is said that this collaboration is being done to publicize the arrival of H&M into Japan, and I don't feel right buying into a marketing ploy. This doesn't mean that I won't be scouring the interwebs for reviews on the clothing when it does come out... I am, after all, insatiably curious!

2 comments:

Matthew L. Romo said...

ayyy mirá vos! sabés cuando h&m va a poner la colección en venta??? yo nunca había comprado ropa de las colabs pero de todos modos quisiera verla

JJ said...

hola matt!
no hay ninguna fecha asegurada pero se dice que llegara' a los H&Ms a principios de noviembre.