Sunday, May 25, 2008

my next victim....

is looking like a gorgeous green python pouchette! I went windowshopping downtown with a friend today and stopped by my favorite exotic leather shop... it's tiny and I always stay to talk for awhile with the shop owner (who is also the artisan behind all the beautiful bags, belts and accessories). I saw a sort of clutch bag that is similar in shape to the Prada bow clutch (which I totally lust after, see pic with Kristin Davis) but it was made of gorgeous dark green python. The skin had huge scales which flared out slightly (not curled!), some girls prefer their python smooth but I fell in love with the slightly rugged texture. Bonus, it had a looong strap and a short one, so it can be carried messenger style or over the shoulder, or strap-less it became a clutch.

THREE bags in one! yeah right, that sounds like the little shopaho
lic angel(devil?) on my shoulder trying to sway me with the usual silly arguments (amazing price-per-wear value! it's limited edition, you'll never find it again! it'll become an indispensable wardrobe staple! you have NO small green exotic leather bags in your repertoire!) and I think she is convincing me pretty well.
.
I have a strong feeling this baby will be in my claws in a couple of days. Fingers crossed!

Chauss, what does the color green tell you?

5 comments:

chauss said...

hey jj, green is the color of the 4th chakra, the heart. it is the color of balance and order. if you have a coup de coeur for this bag, go for it!! i love roughed up python. i am getting a good feeling and green and black look great together..........
i am currently lusting over the gucci hysteria python collection, verrrrrry expensive...

Marina said...

JJ!I love roughed up python. Love to touch such texture. I think that it will be great purchase!
I don't like blue dress and green bag . For me green looks best in clothes with black, beige, grey and yellow!

JJ said...

chauss, good to know about the green... my heart is definitely fluttering over it! and I am now lusting over Zagliani puffy pythons... have you seen these bags? they are to.die.for.

marina: I don't like the blue and green either, I prefer to match colored accessories with neutral outfits!

I will post pics as soon as I get my little baby :P

chauss said...

that would be a yes... z. is designed by by a plastic surgeon who injects python with silicone....i am still memorized by gucci hystera python at the moment...

Fashion Is Poison said...

wow three in one?! that sounds greeeat!

btw i'm linking you!